Dr Emma Vardy and Dr Helen Martin GP have delivered a great session on delirium.
Primary Care Knowledge Boost is a podcast hosted by Dr Lisa Adams and Dr Sara MacDermott (a GP and a GP/Public Health trainee). The aim of the podcast is to make good quality, easy to access primary care education. It is specifically geared towards a Greater Manchester audience, but is available online to all.
In this podcast Dr Emma Vardy Geriatrician and Dr Helen Martin GP talk about the importance of picking delirium up early and treating the causes, as it can make a world of difference to patients and families. They share some great tips on how to diagnose and remember the list of causes. They also discuss the Greater Manchester community delirium toolkit which was developed for use in the community to act as a framework for assessment and management of delirium.
Listening on a podcast app
If you don’t have a podcast app, it is free and easy to install on your phone:
- Go to your phone’s app store (the Google Play Store for Android users and the iTunes store for iPhone users)
- Download a podcast app. Our favourites are ‘Castbox’, ’Pocketcasts’, and ‘Spotify’ as well as Apple’s own ‘Podcasts’ app for iPhone users
- Open your app and search for ‘Primary Care Knowledge Boost’
- Click “Subscribe”.
Once you have installed an app and subscribed you should be able to view our previous podcasts and will be notified when we post new ones.
Listening via direct link
- If you want to listen directly, you can do so here: https://www.pckb.org/
- You will need to scroll down to the Podcast, which was recorded on the 27th May 2021.