Dementia United and the Dementia Carers Expert Reference Group are pleased to announce the launch of their Dementia Carers Groups Bounce Back Fund
As Greater Manchester’s flagship dementia programme, we are all too aware that people living with dementia and their carers have disproportionately been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In particular, the carers support groups which were a lifeline for so many have had to close and whilst some are now restarting, albeit in a limited way, many will never recover or have already closed.
Dementia United want to help grass roots dementia carers organisations to help carers get back on their feet after this difficult time. We aim to help as many people as possible across all ten localities in Greater Manchester, as well as supporting special interest groups such as BAME, LGBTQ+ and others.
We have a limited fund of £30,000 to offer one-off grants between £750 – £1200 to carers organisations across Greater Manchester. Successful applicants will receive their award in March 2022 and will need to update Dementia United on their project progress in June 2022 and Sept 2022.
- Applications are open to groups working with carers of people affected by mild cognitive impairment and dementia including charities/Community Interest Companies / Community Interest Organisations with a host organisation that can hold funds for them
- Applicants must have a bank account requiring two signatures
- Application deadline: 5pm on Friday 21 January 2022
- Applications will be reviewed by the Dementia United / Dementia Carers Expert Reference Bounce Back Fund steering group and either approved and funds allocated, or reasons given for non-approval
- Award letters will be sent by the end of Feb 2022
- Funds issued prior to the end of March 2022
Download our Dementia Carers Bounce Back Fund Flyer